Here you can read about gallbladder function. Gallbladder is an important organ, located near the liver. It resembles a small sack in which the bile is stored. Gallbladder has an important role in digestion process. Its function is to store bile and to control the release of bile into the intestine. Gallbladder consists of three parts: the neck, the fundus and the body. It is a small organ, but it is still very important for digestion. People can live without gallbladder, but they have to avoid some foods. Living without gallbladder can change the quality of your life, but if you follow your doctor’s instructions, you will avoid problems. Let us say more about gallbladder function.
– Gallbladder function is to concentrate and store bile. It controls the release of bile into the intestine. The bile is important for digesting fats. If the bile can’t perform its function, the fats cannot be properly digested.
– Gallbladder functions can be disturbed. This is caused by gallbladder diseases. There are several types of gallbladder disorders, but most of them are caused by gallstones. Gallbladder symptoms usually include abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain, nausea, fever, and occasionally diarrhea. These symptoms are seen in other diseases, so you should visit your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms we mentioned.
– Gallbladder problems can be successfully treated if detected in time. The treatment will depend on the causes, of course. If the gallbladder is inflamed, this problem will probably be treated with antibiotics. If there are gallstones, your doctor will give you the best advice on how to remove them. However, if your condition is very severe, you will be advised to remove the gallbladder. Gallbladder surgery complications are very rare, so there is no need to be worried.
– After the gallbladder surgery, you will need to follow your doctor’s instructions. You will have to avoid certain types of foods. Without gallbladder, the pressure will be put onto the liver, so you will have to be careful with your diet. Healthy lifestyle will help you prevent complications. People can still have a normal life after the gallbladder surgery, but some moderations will have to be made.
– Gallbladder diet is not too restrictive, but you will have to stay away from certain types of foods. Your doctor will tell you more about the diet after the surgery, and you will need some time to get used to the new regime.